Friday, January 04, 2013

To Be Resolute

So, on Sunday I gave a talk at church on resolutions. I am not a big resolution maker.  I tend to always lose motivations and focus.  I start reading other peoples blogs or looking a their pinterest boards and feel an overwhelming sense of inadequacy. I am not sure why I find it so hard to be content with who I am and the contributions that I have to make to the world.  It is impossible to be in this time of year with our thinking of these things. Where am I going? Is my life headed in the direction that I want it to go?  Am I becoming the person the Lord intended me to be?

Anyways I digress... RESOLUTIONS.... that words is kind of heavy, I prefer goals.  But, because "Goals that are not written are just wishes." I thought I would put a few things in writing.

So, the first and most important goal for me that I learn to parent my children with out raising my voice. I yell at my children often. I taught huge classes of 1st and Kindergarteners for years and never raised my voice. Yet three loud and rambunctious little boys can make me turn into a growling bear, at a futile attempt to "control and correct them." I have a lot of plans as to how I am going to put this goal into action.

Second is a financial one....it can be summed up in one word: Quickbooks

Lastly I have a short list of things I would love to accomplish:
Make someones life better
Make something beautiful
Enjoy something special with each of my children
See something new
Learn something new
Meet someone new
Do something just for me
Do something just for Logan

OK maybe not such a short list, but hay we have to set lofty goals and aim high.