Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tuesdays and Finding Blessings

Have you ever noticed how blessings are sometimes hard to see when you are close, but with a little but of space (time) and perspective (wisdom), we can see blessings all around us. For example, I am only just now beginning to see Tuesday's as blessings in our families life. Logan has been Young Men's president now for over 8 months. Usually I would find Tuesday's to be my challenging days. It means me putting the boys to bed by myself and cleaning...etc. However, it also meant about 2 hours (more if he played basketball after :-) to do whatever I wanted. Do I use this time productively, well that is to be debated, but the idea is I have. I guess I am still working on being a glass half full person that seeing the blessing as they arrive. I really want to be that kind of person.

I am still working on my parenting perspective. I can not see the blessings in the screaming tantrums, the sleepless nights or potty training. The blessing is I guess that I have those issues to deal with at all. That means I have healthy, normal kids that have not BIG issues. But in the middle of the 50th tantrum of the day it can feel like everything is BIG! I am determined to find the blessings sooner than later. I have begun to write them down when they come to mind so I can remember that the Lord sends his grace and mercy everyday through little acts that bless our lives.